/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Schmidt_WebLogo3.png 0 0 morganmcfarland /wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Schmidt_WebLogo3.png morganmcfarland2020-08-19 20:42:252020-08-19 20:42:25Project Engineer
Schmidt Associates is looking for Project Engineer to provide accurate and efficient Engineering systems(s) building design.
This position requires a strong competency in engineering building systems and a strong drive to proactively lead engineering teams. Skills in implementation of quality procedures are necessary. The ability to coordinate and integrate engineering into the firm’s facility design process is essential, as well as meeting project deliverables and deadlines. The ability to establish and improve standards and processes utilized in the preparation of design documents is also highly desired.
In addition to these project responsibilities, this position also includes the following marketing and operations roles:
Serve in a secondary, Rainmaker role supporting Rainmaker in obtaining new work and generating engineering work.
In conjunction with the Engineering Quality Manager, provide leadership and direction within the engineering disciple, including document quality assurance and standards.
- Develop engineering construction documents including drawings and specifications
- Coordinate design efforts across disciplines
- Review engineering codes
- Review contractor submittals
- Assist and coordinate with construction administration
- 5+ years mechanical engineering experience within the building design sector
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE required
- Project Management experience required
- Experience with MS Excel highly desired (particularly Macros)
- AutoDesk – REVIT – Building Information Modeling (BIM) highly desired
Our number one priority is to lead through service and excellence to others – employees, clients, and the community alike. We build relationships by emphasizing the importance of making a journey together. Our employees are not units of production and our clients are not units of income; we imagine together, we work together, and we succeed together!