Schmidt Associates is looking for a dynamic individual to join the organization in a Project Architect capacity.
To be responsible for providing design coordination and technical leadership to the Project Team for all phases of a Project. Ability to plan and meet project budget and deadlines, the ability to lead a project team, and a holistic understanding of design and construction process while maintaining quality standards and procedures.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing Project delivery strategies.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Monitor and update through the design process.
- Coordinate and direct the Project Team to conduct site analysis, building analysis, code analysis, and systems analysis.
- Ensure that the Project Team evaluates, and as agreed upon with the Owner, incorporates sustainable, high performance, and/or LEED elements into the design.
- Prepare alternative design solutions.
- Coordinate all aspects of the design with the Project Team.
- Ensure that Owner criteria are being met by all disciplines.
- Ensure that project deliverables, documents and schedules, are being met by the Project Team.
- A Master’s Degree in Architecture, licensure is required.
- Individual should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience