At A Glance:
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Size: 3,000 sq. ft.
Services: Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Interiors
Originally constructed in 1880 as a Catholic church, the St. Joseph Brewery and Public House celebrates the facility’s original design intent. The original sanctuary is now home to a new 3,000 sq. ft. establishment with dining space for approximately 125. The former altar was reconstructed from the original timber framing to support the weight of the brewing operations— now fully in view of the dining area. The bar construction includes reclaimed wood from the original church construction.
Light fixtures were added that are in keeping with lighting that would have been in the original church. The kitchen—along with other brewing support spaces—is located in the lower level of the church to minimize the disruption of the sanctuary space. Finishing the space, a new stair was constructed to provide access to the original choir loft overlooking the dining areas below. The balcony also includes private dining spaces for groups/events.
Like what we did? Let’s Talk!
Want more project photos? Check these out!