At A Glance:
Services: HVAC, Energy
Schmidt Associates is an approved AES RCx Study provider, which means we can conduct studies, walk Owners through the study process, and recommend repair options that can be made with contractors and suppliers, often in little time, and with big returns. Owners not only benefit with an updated, energy-efficient building, but also with a rebate check and annual energy savings.
Schmidt Associates worked with MSD of Wayne Township to undergo an RCx study for the Lynhurst 7th and 8th Grade Center on Indianapolis’s west side. Built in 1969 and renovated in 2004, the school is approximately 280,000 square feet with classrooms, offices, a gymnasium, cafeteria, and pool.
Following the study, energy-saving opportunities were identified and implemented including:
- Air handling unit (AHU) schedule adjustments to significantly reduce the units’ weekly run times.
- Hydronic valve night setback adjustment to close the AHU hydronic heating valves during unoccupied times.
- Installing VFDs on the pool AHU supply and return fans.
- Repairing an AHU return air damper to restore proper unit operation to the return and outdoor air dampers.
- Reducing DHW circulation pump runtime during off hours.
“The upgrades that were made in a short time saved us roughly $57,500 in utility costs per year,” said MSD of Wayne Township Director of Operations Todd Hendricks. “The implementation cost of $16,574 was covered by AES Indiana incentives, and AES also paid for the retro-commissioning study.”
Like what we did? Let’s Talk!