At A Glance:
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Size: 80,820 sq. ft.
Type: New Construction
Services: Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Interiors, Energy, Civil, Landscape Architecture, Technology, Sustainable Design
Regenstrief required a space to enhance and empower respected national and global researchers in collaboration with its IU partner. With input from multiple department units and project stakeholders, Schmidt Associates produced a plan for a tech-based and tech-rich learning space. The building offers flexible and transformational spaces to promote collaboration among researchers. Following a consensus-led approach, research units were organized by floor, providing scientists with research-rich spaces to collaborate by team, department, or as an institute.
Sustainable initiatives help to improve the indoor environmental quality and enhance user comfort. These advantages include:
- Energy Optimization – Use of a highly efficient variable refrigerant flow mechanical system
expecting at least a 25% better than other average new buildings
- Daylighting is available to over 75% of the building spaces and daylight harvesting employed in open office areas
- Thermal buffer zone created by holding workstations off of the south windows
- Utilization of sun shade devices and low-E glazing to reduce heat gain
- Utilization of high-efficiency fluorescent and LED lighting as the main sources of artificial lighting
- A white TPO roof with a portion of it covered by a vegetated roof system
- Accommodation of employees who bike to work or work out regularly with internal bike storage, showers, and a fitness room
Like what we did? Let’s Talk!
Want more project photos? Check these out!