Schmidt Associates is looking for a Plumbing Designer/Engineer to join our MEP team!
The Plumbing Designer/Engineer will provide accurate and efficient Plumbing Engineering system(s) building design, while implementing and practicing Plumbing Engineering industry standards within the firm’s design process. This individual will be a proactive member of the project team. This position requires a strong competency in engineering building systems. Skills in implementation of quality procedures are necessary. The ability to coordinate and integrate engineering into the firm’s facility design process is essential. Must be able to meet project deliverables and deadlines.
- Responsible for complete Plumbing Systems design for large commercial projects, systems include:
- Domestic Cold Water Systems
- Domestic Hot Water and Recirculated Hot Water Systems
- Sanitary Waste & Vent Systems
- Storm Water Drainage Systems
- Compressed Air Systems
- Fire Protection Systems
- Natural Gas Systems
- Responsible for complete Plumbing Systems specification utilizing MasterSpec format.
- Responsible for processing of shop drawing product data for assigned projects.
- Responsible for supervision of junior designers/BIM Technicians.
- Responsible for coordination of Plumbing Systems integration into building and systems coordination with other trades
- Responsible for utility calculations required for site utility coordination
- AutoDesk -REVIT – Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- MS Excel
- 5-10 years of experience
- Experience in AutoDesk Building Information Modeling is a plus but not required.
- Experience with MS Excel preferred.
- High School graduate or 2 year technical degree preferred.
- Background in construction trades is desirable.
Interested candidates should apply on LinkedIn.