Schmidt Associates is looking for a Marketing Communications Strategist that will possess successful, results-driven communications experience.
He/she will use strategic public relations planning to create awareness and develop brand advocates. The Marketing Communications Strategist will be an integral part of the marketing and business development team raising the firm’s brand awareness with prospective clients. They will be responsible for the development and implementation of a range of strategies to increase name recognition, position Schmidt Associates as subject matter experts, and assist in driving sales in market sectors identified by the Marketing Manager. The individual will work in a collaborative team environment with marketing, business development, and thought leaders to build brand awareness.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Subject Matter Expert (SME) Campaign
- Create strategies and tactical campaigns specific to market sectors identified by Marketing Manager.
- Use our SMEs to share their expertise in expert interviews, bylined articles, project awards, speaking opportunities, advertisements, and more.
- Research trending topics and work with our SMEs to create content for blogs, e-newsletters, white papers, and case studies to convert interest into sales.
- Work with the Graphics Specialist to ensure the message is communicated through the layout of the publication.
- Utilized buyer’s personae to grow distribution list for e-newsletters.
- Secure regular media coverage with local, regional, national, and influencer outlets.
- Research what publications the buyer’s persona reads and utilize those as the target publications.
- Manage and monitor social media accounts developing channel specific strategies to grow engagement and reputation
- Interact as available with clients and influencers
- Assist the marketing team with various deadlines and deliverables.
- Provide proof-reading of marketing and project deliverables.
- Regularly update the firm’s Intranet with Marketing Communications
- Work with Talent Development to communicate the culture of the firm.
- Develop strategy and implement announcement of new hires and key project milestones.
- Contribute to monthly marketing reports to illustrate integrated marketing communications campaign performance, trends, and insights.
- Analyze data to measure marketing campaign effectiveness.
- Superb storytelling skills that create compelling angles for a variety of audiences
- Critical thinker with high attention to detail and organization
- Proficient with Excel, Word, InDesign, Photoshop and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including editing and proofing
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate and present ideas in an organized, efficient and effective manner that results in clear understanding and action
- Graphic layout skills
- Possess a strong understanding of media/public relations, social media, and content development
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public and Media Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience
- APR certification preferred, but not required
- Track record of strong relationships with top-tier reporters and media outlets and have successfully placed stories in local and national publications
- Successful experience developing and managing comprehensive strategic communications to advance the mission, brand, and goals of a company
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and a willingness to go the extra step in obtaining professional certifications, preferred